Fwd: [Brookland] Re: Assault near Brookland Metro

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2009
      From: Brookland@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Brookland@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of khenderson029@...
      Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:28 PM
      To: brian.ions@...; Brookland@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Brookland] Re: Assault near Brookland Metro

      I am very dismayed to hear that our Brookland neighbor was attacked and deeply concerned about the allegations of not being permitted to file a police report. I would like to know who told the victim he could not file a report? I feel confident that Commander Greene will assign a 5D representative to followup and resolve the issue. I have never heard of any instance where someone was victimized and was not permitted to file a police report.

      Kathy Henderson
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 7 , May 28, 2009

        Please contact my office directly so that we can have a report taken and identify the officer who made this assertion, call 202 327 4392 then evening watch commander will follow up on this incident, Capt Marvin Lyons

        Message 3 of 7 , May 28, 2009
          As usual, thank you Commander Greene for protecting Ward 5 citizens' interests.

          Kathy Henderson
        • brian.ions
          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2009
            Actually, it wasn't as bad as it initially sounded, Kathy. Due to his
            injuries, the complainant sought medical attention first before calling
            911 about 3 hours after the assault. The complainant also cancelled
            making a report to a crime scene technician as it was after 2 a.m.
            before the tech could respond. Sgt. Steinhilber is apparently in
            contact with the complainant and following up.

            brian
            on Newton/ 502

            > I am very dismayed to hear that our Brookland neighbor was attacked
            and deeply concerned about the allegations of not being permitted to
            file a police report. I would like to know who told the victim he could
            not file a report? I feel confident that Commander Greene will assign a
            5D representative to followup and resolve the issue. I have never heard
            of any instance where someone was victimized and was not permitted to
            file a police report.

            > Kathy Henderson

          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2009
              Re: [MPD-5D] Fwd: [Brookland] Re: Assault near Brookland Metro

              To the Fifth District community, I regret to inform you that the Fifth District experienced a homicide this morning at approximately O310 hours.  The assault occurred in the field area at the corner of 19th and Newton Street NE.  A female subject was assualted at that location with a sharp object multiple times.  She was transported to the hospital and has surccumbed to her injuries. We enourage anyone with information regarding this incident to call us immediately 202 727 9099.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2009
                Re: [MPD-5D] Fwd: [Brookland] Re: Assault near Brookland Metro

                May 31, 2009
                (202) 727-4383
                the 1900 block of Newton Street, NE for the report of a female screaming for help. Upon
                responsible for any homicide committed in the District of Columbia.
                arrival, oficers discovered an unidentiied female in a grassy ield suffering from apparent
                multiple stab wounds. Personnel from the DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Depart
                Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to D.C. Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-
                TIPS and to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.  If the information
                provided by the caller to Crime Solvers leads to an arrest and indictment, that caller will be
                eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
                                    # # #

                METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
                300 Indiana Avenue, NW,
                Washington, DC 20001
                www.mpdc.dc.gov
                Room
                5125

                -
                ment responded to the scene and transported the victim to an area hospital, where she was
                pronounced dead at 4:34 a.m.
                Anyone with information about this case is asked to call police at (202) 727-9099 or 1-888-
                919-CRIM [E] (1-888-919-2746)
                The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone
                who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons
                Government of the

                District of Columbia

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
                  Thanks Brian. I am glad this matter is moving in the direction of resolution.

                  Kathy