Re: [MPD-5D] RE: [north-petworth] Re: [MPD-4D] Response to The Afro article

  • Bill and Rob
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
      The idea you recommend is good, but not ideal. What
      you are recommending is that the citizens take to
      reporting traffice violation without evidence. For the
      violation to be properly adjudicated, the citizen who
      reported the offense would have to appear before the
      traffice judge along side the defendent.

      If we worked with our insurance companies, so that we
      can report bad driving behavior or violations to them
      then they can keep a record of how often their drivers
      utilize poor judgement behind the wheel. This gives
      the insurance company reason to either drop the driver
      from coverage or to increase the cost of the insurance
      policy (say after being reported by three or five
      separate people).

      This topic is not a special interest of mine.
      Transportation is my career (Director, Transportation
      Operations and Program Assessment for a national
      public and private transportation society). I agree,
      and have already stated as much, that public safety is
      a wholistic concept. Enforcing traffic laws is only
      one need in this city, as is enforcing other minor
      laws like littering.

      --- digital sister <director@...>

      Do You Yahoo!?