Re: [MPD-5D] Random Check Points

  • kimberly Niono
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2005
      Timothy McVeigh was caught driving on the HIGHWAY with his license plate hanging.  That in my opinion was an alert police officer.  If we had more of that in our neighborhoods, maybe we wouldnt have to be subjected to these nazi tactics!!

      By the way, I participate in my civic association and I have formed a relationship with several cops in my neighborhood.  Unfortunately, they dont work 24 hours a day.

      Lets see the police take care of some of the petty crime first.  If that doesn't work, then maybe resort to the stops.  This is a hard pill to swallow when you see police driving right past the park when folks are drinking liquor openly.

      Joseph Martin <anc4c09@...> wrote:
      I agree with and understand your sentiments, and I
      would love to see more cops on the beat.

      I do know that MPD has acquired a considerable number
      of illegal weapons and amounts of illegal drugs
      (combined with arrests of occupants) during "routine"
      traffic stops.

      Bear in mind that Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City
      bomber, was caught during a routine traffic stop
      because the license plate of the car he was driving
      was hanging by a single crew.

      We need to keep the pressure on MPD and elected
      officials to do their jobs -- and to be relentless in
      the pressure -- and if we think law enforcment and
      city officials are not doing their jobs, there is a
      multitude of Yahoo Groups to use to demand
      accountability in addition to other resources.

      I should point out, by the way, that I have seen check
      points on Wisconsin Avenue NW.

      Joseph Martin
      ANC 4C09 Commissioner / Petworth
      202-309-1817 cell
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anc4c09
      Non-Law Enforcement Public Safety Yahoo Group

      http://mail.yahoo.com