RI Ave NE and Thayer St

  • pyramus12
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9 5:31 AM
      Any insight into the gunshots at RI Ave NE and Thayer last night? The MPD-5 responded quickly and efficiently to our concerns...which looks like will happen every Friday night that the public hall on that corner continues to have parties.

      Councilmember Thomas, is there anything you are doing to rectify bringing these kind of establishments to our neighborhood (and yes, everything that happens on RI AVE affects our neighborhood)? I had to chase two girls off walking from that party from using the bathroom on my neighbor's yard. Another individual was removed for urinating on the driveway of another neighbor's house. The MPD is doing a fine job, but they need the support of Councilmember Thomas, Jr. to help remove these establishments from our area through Council action (zone code changes, etc).

      Greg
    • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9 5:50 PM
        Greg i have and will continue to work on the issues you have mentioned and through my office action and continuous meetings with the neighbors we have developed a strategies with mpd. I will have my staff set up a meeting with the neighbors to give an update.

        Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 9 7:51 PM
          Thank you for your leadership on this, Councilmember.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <hthomas@...> wrote:

          > Greg i have and will continue to work on the issues you have mentioned and through my office action and continuous meetings with the neighbors we have developed a strategies with mpd. I will have my staff set up a meeting with the neighbors to give an update.
          >
          > Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

        • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
          Message 4 of 4 , May 10 1:33 PM
            Your welcome will follow up with all on the meetings.