RE: [MPD-5D] AGAINST -Mayor Fenty's has ordered the razing of the Property at 1811 3rd St NE -- Wednesday, May 6th 9:00AM

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2009
      At about 10:15 pm on Wednesday, May 6, 2009, members of the Metropolitan Police Department responded to the intersection of New York Avenue and Bladensburg Road, NE for an adult male pointing a gun at himself. Vehicular and pedestrian traffic were diverted from the scene and bystanders were sent out of the area. Members of the department's Emergency Response Team were summoned to the scene and a negotiator finally convinced the man to put down the gun at about 12:15 am on Thursday, May 7, 2009. At that time the man was taken into custody and his gun recovered. He will undergo psychiatric evaluation and faces gun-related charge(s).

      Lamar D. Greene
      Commander
      Fifth District

      ________________________________

      From: Thompson, Alice (EOM) <Alice.Thompson@...>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "Latterner, Sarah (EOM)" <sarah.latterner@...>, AMFenty@...
      Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 1:50 AM

      Good Morning All,

      Last Thursday, April 23rd, Mayor Fenty conducted a Walk-Thru in the Eckington community. Comm Wright had great concerns about a once beautiful, but very dangerous Victorian house.

      Mayor Fenty stated 'this is by far the worst property he had seen'. He told DCRA to have it razed immediately.

      Upon inspection, Chief Groomes determined this property was inhabited by squatters.

      Thank you Comm. Wright, and Michael Clark, for your determination. This property will be razed today.

      Thank you DCRA and DHCE for the tough job of tearing it down!

      Best,

      Alice