Question?

  • mrcthomas72
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24 7:25 PM
      For I live in the Trinidad neighborhood, what should I do when a police
      car is tailgating me? It's like I'm being push to drive faster and/or
      to do something stupid, anyway it make me very nervous. If I am doing
      something wrong, why not just stop me? thanks
    • ladytrini12
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25 11:08 AM
        Ditto! This has happened to me several times.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "mrcthomas72" <mrcthomas72@...> wrote:

        > For I live in the Trinidad neighborhood, what should I do when a police
        > car is tailgating me? It's like I'm being push to drive faster and/or
        > to do something stupid, anyway it make me very nervous. If I am doing
        > something wrong, why not just stop me? thanks

      • k3
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25 1:12 PM
          Mmmm ... slow down?

          I was tailgated by a New Hampshire state trooper once, on the
          interstate. I was maybe 5 mph over the posted limit, and sporting
          Massachusetts plates. He had his brights on and was right on top of
          me. If I had known he was a statie, I might have automatically dropped
          my speed just because a cop was sharing the road with me (like most
          people do, even when they're driving under the speed limit). But,
          half-blinded, I had no idea. I sped up in order to pass the cars on
          the right. I wanted to get out of the way of the scumbag who had
          mounted kleig lights on his car for the express purpose of burning
          holes in my retinas. He pulled me over and asked why I was going so
          fast. I told him I was trying to get out of the way of some jerk who
          was tailgating me with his high beams on. He said, "Yeah, that was me.
          Next time someone's tailgating you, don't speed up." He sent me on my
          way.

          Even though I wonder if this isn't incredibly irksome to a cop rushing
          to get somewhere, because of this incident, I treat tailgating police
          cars like I would any other car ... unless someone is in my front seat
          clamping down a severed artery so he won't bleed to death, I slow
          down.

          Now, here's a question in a similar category: what do I do if I'm in a
          marked crosswalk, and an officer yells at me from a [sirenless] police
          car, "Get out the #$%@& way!"?

          Ditto! This has happened to me several times.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "mrcthomas72" <mrcthomas72@...> wrote:

          > For I live in the Trinidad neighborhood, what should I do when a
          police
          > car is tailgating me? It's like I'm being push to drive faster
          and/or
          > to do something stupid, anyway it make me very nervous. If I am
          doing
          > something wrong, why not just stop me? thanks

        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 25 1:21 PM
            Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Question?

            Officers should not be following vehicles in a manner that creates an unsafe distance stop or avoid a collision.  I will advise the officers within psa 504 to be careful and ensure they stay a safe distance from vehicles in front of them.  Thank you for bringing this to my attendion