Operation Pretty and Polished

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009

       Good Morning 5D Community,

      The MPD Office of Community Outreach is partnering with WPGC and State Farm to host Operation Pretty and Polished a Prom Dress / Tuxedo / Suit and accessory giveaway for inner city youth.

      If YOU have formal wear (dresses, suits, tuxedos, shoes, handbags, etc.) that you want to donate, we welcome the support. All colors, styles and sizes are needed. (We could especially use sizes 14 and up) The more we collect the bigger the impact we can make in the lives of the youth who live in our Neighborhoods.

      We are in great need.  All formal wear is needed by April 15, 2009.  The items should be Cleaned and on hangers.   (Limited pick up available)

      Don't let your old prom dress or tuxedo go to waste. Prom is an event to remember forever, so help local students have that special night!

      On April 18, 2009 this formal wear will be distributed (FREE OF CHARGE) to young people who are prom bound! Did I mention that they will get them FREE?????

      Fashion accessories for young ladies and young men:

      Jewelry

      Shoes (all sizes)

      Gloves

      Handbags

      Ties/Bow Ties

      Cumberbuns

      Stud and Cuff Link Sets

      Shirts

      Vests

      Trousers

      No donation is too small, all items welcomed

      You can drop your Gowns / Tuxedos and other Fashion accessories off at these locations:

      Fifth District Station

      1805 Bladensburg Road NE

      Washington , DC 20002

      202 698-0188

      Front station opened 24 hrs 202 698-0150

      State Farms

      District of Columbia Operations Center

      1500 Harry Thomas Way

      Washington , D.C 20020

      202-281-2124

      9:00 -4:00pm

      Special Notice: Get your items to the Fifth District Station by Monday April 6, 2009,  Zip's Dry Cleaners will be working with us to clean all donated formal wear (so don't worry about trying to get anything cleaned. Your donation alone is WONDERFUL!)

      Respectfully submitted

      Fayette Vaughn-lee

      5D Community Outreach Coordinator

      202 698-0188