Re: Meetings Simulcast on the Web... 3 Cheers!

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
      Good points, all, Sara.  But those concerns could be overcome fairly easily, I think.

      Obviously, both the cam and microphone should be directed at the speaker/ lectern only, i.e., *NOT* the attendees.  Questions/ remarks from the attendees would have to be repeated and/or paraphrased by the speaker(s) for the benefit of the recording.  But that's done routinely in lots of meeting situations anyway.

      Attendees might be counseled in advance, using do/don't examples, to avoid using specific names and addresses-- but that applies generally today, without recording.  I think folks get savvy to media presence pretty quickly, and adjust accordingly.  The benefit to be had by bringing more citizens into the process, IMHO, outweighs the relatively minor risk of someone blurting out something they shouldn't.

      But maybe an after-the-meeting *BLEEPER* would be in order, too.  Cheers!
      :D
      brian/ 502