Re: [MPD-5D] re: karen's post

  • Joey
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Many traffic tickets lead to drug arrests. The last three traffic tickets in my anc resulted in three drug arrests. Joey
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
[...]

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Bill and Rob
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
          Police walking the street don't stop crime. The crime
          just moves. Respect needs to built and learned. This
          does not happen over night. This happens by enforcing
          all crimes...no matter how real they are. A "real
          crime" is less likely to impact you than a traffic
          incident within the DC area. You are likely, as a
          pedestrian or driver, to be in an accident and receive
          injury every five years (this does not include the
          accidents without injury).

          As for not having a neg-impact on quality of
          life...would like to meet my sister who has had three
          major back surgery as a result of a car accident? The
          amount of money our car insurance would decrease
          because of fewer accidents and safer roads couold go
          to hiring more security.

          What you are asking for is more of the same...a
          reactive police force. What I'm asking for an
          offensive police force. Detering crime through respect
          of the law. If someone believes that they are unable
          to get away with a minor crime, then why would they
          believe they can get away with a felony?

          It's time for a transition within the police force. A
          focus on sting opperations and reaction to felony
          crimes, while training and building a force that can
          deal with minor offenses like traffic violation.
          During a routine traffic stop, the office can check a
          person's police record, see if there is any just cause
          to search a car to find weapons and drugs. If they are
          found, the officer may have just prevented a felony
          from taking place.

          We can wait for the criminal to make himselve or
          herselve known to us after committing the crime. we
          must deal with the higher risk of the crime taking
          place at this time. Patrols are good, but why pay for
          an officer to drive around, waiting for a crime to
          happen. That office could be doing other things, like
          pulling over speeders and making the road safer or
          removing loiters or fining litters. So much needs to
          get done and no elected officials are doing anything
          about it.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs