ANC 5B10 Community Meeting

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 20, 2009

      ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

      DATE: March 20, 2009; TIME: 5:30 – 7:30 P.M.; LOCATION: DEVELOPING FAMILIES CENTER , 801 17th STREET, NE , (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)

      SPECIAL GUESTS:

      LEE SATTERFIELD

      CHIEF JUDGE , DC SUPERIOR COURT

      FIND OUT WHAT DC SUPERIOR COURT IS DOING TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY

      PEGGY KELLER

      DC DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

      WILL ADDRESS HOW TO DEAL WITH AGGRESSIVE DOGS, UNVACCINATED DOGS AND DOG WASTE ON PUBLIC SPACE

      DO NOT MISS THIS IMPORTANT MEETING!

      Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10 and

      Former Commissioner Kathy Henderson

      (202) 397-2777

      REFRESHMENTS

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 20, 2009
        Good Evening:

        We were fortunate to have a very productive discussion with Superior Court Chief Judge Lee Satterfield this past evening. Judge Satterfield explained aspects of the Court system and discussed with us how we can partner with the Court system for better outcomes regarding our public safety.

        We learned that DC has the highest rate of incarceration in the nation and how victim impact statements figure into the sentencing process. We really appreciated the opportunity to engage Judge Satterfield for the purpose of strengthening our collaboration and public safety. We found an ally in Judge Satterfield regarding reigning in pet owners that violate our public space with uncollected fecal matter.

        Peggy Keller from the Department of Health discussed protocols for addressing aggressive dogs, unvaccinated dogs and owners that refuse to clean up after pets on public space. As a result, Commissioner Henderson and I will compile a list of negligent pet owners in our area, requiring enforcement intervention. We agreed to utilize the Department's free vaccination program to bring all owners in this community into compliance. We appreciate so many of our neighbors making the commitment to attend this important meeting and working with us to strengthen our community. We believe safe enjoyable neighborhoods do not just happen; they are made. We are good neighbors working together to make our neighborhood better.

        Kathy Henderson

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2 10:09 AM

          ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B

          SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

          DATE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2009; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M.; LOCATION: DC DEVELOPING FAMILIES CENTER , 801 17TH STREET, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)

          AGENDA:

          STATUS OF DINER SITTING ON BLADENSBURG ROAD, NE

          PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT

          INVITED GUEST: MAYOR ADRIAN M. FENTY TO DISCUSS

          STATUS OF HYACINTH'S PLACE PROJECT FOR WOMEN WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

          Do not miss the opportunity to voice your concerns.

          “When Citizens Have a Stronghold, Criminals Cannot Get a Foothold”

          Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson and

          Former Commissioner Kathy Henderson

          (202) 397-2777

          Refreshments

        • Matt Ashburn
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2 11:21 AM
            Kathy,

            Thanks for the invitation. We (the diner guys) can make it and are
            happy to answer any questions or concerns.

            Matt

            --
            Matt W. Ashburn
            Ashburn Foods, LLC

            On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM, <khenderson029@...> wrote:

            > ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B
            >
            > SINGLE MEMBER DISTRICT 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING
            >

            > DATE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2009; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M.; LOCATION: DC DEVELOPING
            > FAMILIES CENTER, 801 17TH STREET, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)
            >
            > AGENDA:
            >

            > STATUS OF DINER SITTING ON BLADENSBURG ROAD, NE
            >

            > PUBLIC SAFETY REPORT
            >

            > INVITED GUEST: MAYOR ADRIAN M. FENTY TO DISCUSS
            >
            > STATUS OF HYACINTH'S PLACE PROJECT FOR WOMEN WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL
            > HEALTH ISSUES
            >

            > Do not miss the opportunity to voice your concerns.
            >

            > “When Citizens Have a Stronghold, Criminals Cannot Get a Foothold”
            >
            > Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson and
            >
            > Former Commissioner Kathy Henderson
            >
            > (202) 397-2777
            >
            > Refreshments
            >
            > ________________________________
          • aRodeoJock
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5 11:50 AM
              These two items came in since last night's meeting:

              Robbery (Force)_0135 hours_17th and H Street, NE_L/O for B/M dark complexion
              wearing a black shirt and blue jeans DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911 W/EVENT
              #493069

              5D SHOOTING _ 1339HRS @ 2100 B/O I ST NE LOF:3 YOUNG B/M'S S1 5' 04" LSW BLK
              SHIRT ARMED W/A HANDGUN L/S RUNNING BEHIND THE ARBORETUM DO NOT TAKE ACTION
              CALL 911 W/EVENT #I20090493978

              Are we still supposed to believe that these types of crimes are going down
              in 504?

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 6 10:48 AM

                Thanks Patrick for the information. Believe it or not, the crime rate is steadily decreasing in all categories. These types of crimes and more were every day occurrences and truly drained our police resources and eroded the quality of life for all. We are still plagued by individuals that just do not get it; this is no longer an acceptable venue for committing crime and the police have increased their responsiveness. The statistics are real and we are becoming a less crime-ridden community. We must stay the course and continue to report crime and do everything possible to turn this community around for good.

                Kathy Henderson
              • Patrick Blais
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 7 4:16 AM
                  Kathy,

                  This message was intended for someone other than me, as I haven't been part of this conversation.

                  Patrick

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 24 1:35 AM

                    ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

                    DATE: September 25, 2010; TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 A.M. LOCATION: Trinidad Recreation Center, 1310 Childress Street, NE (Near Holbrook and Queen Streets, NE)

                    We Will Discuss:

                    1. Projects Underway in Our Community

                    2. Public Safety (an elderly neighbor was robbed during the day) Find Out What You Must Do to Protect Your Person and Property

                    DO NOT MISS THIS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD

                    CONTACT: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10

                    (202) 397-2777

                    Refreshments

                  • khenderson029@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012

                      ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5B10 COMMUNITY MEETING

                      DATE: January 20, 2012; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. LOCATION: Developing Families Center; 801 17th Street, NE (across from Hechinger Mall Safeway)

                      Special Guest:

                      SANDRA MATTAVOUS FRYE

                      Office of the People’s Counsel

                      1.  Pepco Applied for a $42.5 Million Increase: We will discuss how we can STOP the increase

                      2. Updates: Public Safety, Marijuana Centers, Redistricting, Residential Parking for Lang and Lyman Place

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012
                        Good Evening All:

                        First, we greatly appreciate Councilmember Vincent Orange's recent legislation to limit the number of marijuana cultivation centers and dispensaries operating in Ward 5, which passed. While six such facilities in our ward are better than the proposed 27, the number is still too high, underscoring a public safety burden to our community. We do not want or need any drains on our police resources as a result of these facilities, underscoring similar public safety breaches in the states that allow these facilities. US Attorney Ronald Machen reminds us that marijuana remains an illegal drug and his office will continue to prosecute violations involving the use, sale and distribution of the drug accordingly.

                        Tonight, we voted unanimously to table the implementation of these facilities in Ward 5 until we elect a Ward 5 Councilmember on May 15, 2012, and will send a letter to our mayor and council. We believe there is no compelling argument to rush the licensing process of these controversial facilities while there is no designated councilmember to represent Ward 5. We deserve a process that is fair, transparent and reflective of the will of Ward 5 residents and we should not proceed in this matter without a representative specifically designated for our ward. If you agree with this position, we encourage you to stand with us and demand this matter be tabled until we have elected a representative on May 15. 2012. We deserve maximum public safety and should not be afraid to slow down a process that has the potential to drain our police resources.

                        Kathy Henderson