RE: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5 12:26 PM

      Units have responded and advised that the subjects have now left the area, I have instruct Lt. Wright to pay special attention to this area and make sure officers are patrolling through hourly.

      From: Lanier, Cathy (MPD) <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance
      To: silas_grant@ yahoo.com, "Commander, 5DWatch (MPD)" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, " Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <HThomas@DCCOUNCIL. US>, " Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 9:21 PM

      Silas, Commander Greene will ensure that we have good coverage on the street.  While we cannot park a car there permanently the commander can ensure that our officers frequent the block regularly.

      Cathy Lanier

      Chief of Police

      Metropolitan Police Department

      (202) 727-4218

      From: MannyMann <decplatinum@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Nuisance
      To: "Cathy (MPD) Lanier" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>, "5DWatch (MPD) Commander" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, "Harry (COUNCIL) Thomas" <hthomas@dccouncil. us>, "Silas Grant" <silas_grant@ yahoo.com>, "Lamar (MPD) Greene" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:39 PM

      Commander,

      I am
      contacting you again because i am tired...and yes i have said this plenty times before.  Right now at this moment there are over thirty people hanging out, selling drugs, using drugs, drinking.... just down right disruptive. The police have been out here off and on since I got home from work which was around 5pm today.

      Can you please come back and stay long enough to get rid of these people, they are hanging all around the infamous 640 Girard Street NE , again none of these people are residents in this neighborhood.

      Please help.

      Thank you,

    • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 9 7:33 AM

        As with most business corridors the beat officers should give 12th Street special attention with an hourly patrol through the area.  The District Commander will also ensure the officers give special attention to the  600 block of Girard to focus on the drug activity.

        Cathy Lanier
        Chief of Police
        Metropolitan Police Department
        (202) 727-4218

        Thanks for your response. One question: Back to the squad car that sits beside the Brookland Supermarket, are the officers able to sit at that location for extended periods of time because it is a commercial district?