RE: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

  • West, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5 11:58 AM

      Units are being dispatched immediately.

      Captain L.F.West

      Fifth District

      Office (202) (698-0122)

      Cell    (202) (425-2059)

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [mailto: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:52 PM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Commander, 5DWatch (MPD); Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

      Thank you Ms Six however it is really important to call 911 in cases of disorder/drugs for we do not dispatch from the listserv.(cant track it and may pend) . I will however notify a 5d unit to address below

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
      for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
      is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is
        law enforcement
      sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
      users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
      e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
      at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may cont
       ain
      confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
      intended recipient.

      DIANE C GROOMES

      Assistant Chief of Police

      801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

      202 576-6660 office

      202-996-3386 pager

      diane.groomes@ dc.gov

      From: Lanier, Cathy (MPD) <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance
      To: silas_grant@ yahoo.com, "Commander, 5DWatch (MPD)" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <HThomas@DCCOUNCIL. US>, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 9:21 PM

      Silas, Commander Greene will ensure that we have good coverage on the street.  While we cannot park a car there permanently the commander can ensure that our officers frequent the block regularly.

      Cathy Lanier

      Chief of Police

      Metropolitan Police Department

      (202) 727-4218

      From: MannyMann <decplatinum@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Nuisance
      To: "Cathy (MPD) Lanier" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>, "5DWatch (MPD) Commander" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, "Harry (COUNCIL) Thomas" <hthomas@dccouncil. us>, "Silas Grant" <silas_grant@ yahoo.com>, "Lamar (MPD) Greene" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:39 PM

      Commander,

      I am
      contacting you again because i am tired...and yes i have said this plenty times before.  Right now at this moment there are over thirty people hanging out, selling drugs, using drugs, drinking.... just down right disruptive. The police have been out here off and on since I got home from work which was around 5pm today.

      Can you please come back and stay long enough to get rid of these people, they are hanging all around the infamous 640 Girard Street NE , again none of these people are residents in this neighborhood.

      Please help.

      Thank you,

    • West, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5 12:20 PM

        Units responded however nothing was found.  We will give this area special attention.

[...]

      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5 12:21 PM

          Thank you for forwarding your observation, I am sending units to that location now!!!

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5 12:26 PM

            Units have responded and advised that the subjects have now left the area, I have instruct Lt. Wright to pay special attention to this area and make sure officers are patrolling through hourly.

[...]

          • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 9 7:33 AM

              As with most business corridors the beat officers should give 12th Street special attention with an hourly patrol through the area.  The District Commander will also ensure the officers give special attention to the  600 block of Girard to focus on the drug activity.

              Cathy Lanier
              Chief of Police
              Metropolitan Police Department
              (202) 727-4218

              Thanks for your response. One question: Back to the squad car that sits beside the Brookland Supermarket, are the officers able to sit at that location for extended periods of time because it is a commercial district?