Greater Police Presence needed

  • amsouthernbelle4690
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
      Good afternoon,

      I am fairly new to this group, but I need to report the rash of incidences that have been happening near my home in the 1600th blcok of Otis Street NE. In October, someone buglarized our home and took a television, laptop, etc. In December the Saturday after Christmas, someone broke into my car by smashing in the driver's side window and attempted to steal it. I had to have the window replaced and a new ignition put into my car. This morning, when I went to my car to leave for work, someone had stolen two tires off my car and attemped to steal at least one other tire.

      Is there a way to get an increased police presence in this area?
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009

        I will direct Lt Bernat to ensure hourly patrols are conducted by PSA 502 officers in regards to your concerns.  I f you continue to see this type of activity please let me know!!

        I am fairly new to this group, but I need to report the rash of incidences that have been happening near my home in the 1600th blcok of Otis Street NE. In October, someone buglarized our home and took a television, laptop, etc. In December the Saturday after Christmas, someone broke into my car by smashing in the driver's side window and attempted to steal it. I had to have the window replaced and a new ignition put into my car. This morning, when I went to my car to leave for work, someone had stolen two tires off my car and attemped to steal at least one other tire.

        Is there a way to get an increased police presence in this area ?

      • Glyn Six
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
          Thank you to everyone! I didn't expect such a quick response from the police; however I am very grateful. Many thanks again.