Re: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

  • RobbyCU
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
      Please note that the number to report crime is 911, and you can also send a text message to the Office of Unified Communication (OUC)by texting 50-411.  I use it all the time and it puts the crimes in the UCC cue so that MPD can respond.

      "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

      President Barack Obama

      From: Lanier, Cathy (MPD) <cathy.lanier@...>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance
      To: silas_grant@..., "Commander, 5DWatch (MPD)" <5DWatch.Commander@...>, "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <HThomas@...>, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 9:21 PM

      Silas, Commander Greene will ensure that we have good coverage on the street.  While we cannot park a car there permanently the commander can ensure that our officers frequent the block regularly.

      Cathy Lanier
      Chief of Police
      Metropolitan Police Department
      (202) 727-4218

      From: MannyMann <decplatinum@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Nuisance
      To: "Cathy (MPD) Lanier" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>, "5DWatch (MPD) Commander" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, "Harry (COUNCIL) Thomas" <hthomas@dccouncil. us>, "Silas Grant" <silas_grant@ yahoo.com>, "Lamar (MPD) Greene" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:39 PM

      Commander,

      I am contacting you again because i am tired...and yes i have said this plenty times before.  Right now at this moment there are over thirty people hanging out, selling drugs, using drugs, drinking.... just down right disruptive. The police have been out here off and on since I got home from work which was around 5pm today.

      Can you please come back and stay long enough to get rid of these people, they are hanging all around the infamous 640 Girard Street NE, again none of these people are residents in this neighborhood.

      Please help.

      Thank you,

    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

        Thank you Ms Six however it is really important to call 911 in cases of disorder/drugs for we do not dispatch from the listserv.(cant track it and may pend) . I will however notify a 5d unit to address below

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
        for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
        is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
        sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
        users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
        e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
        at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
        confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
        intended recipient.

        DIANE C GROOMES

        Assistant Chief of Police

        801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

        202 576-6660 office

        202-996-3386 pager

        diane.groomes@...

[...]

      • Lyons, Marvin (MPD)
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
          Re: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

            Units are being dispatched immediately.

            Captain L.F.West

            Fifth District

            Office (202) (698-0122)

            Cell    (202) (425-2059)

            diane.groomes@ dc.gov

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

              Units responded however nothing was found.  We will give this area special attention.

              Captain L.F.West

              Fifth District

              Office (202) (698-0122)

              Cell    (202) (425-2059)

[...]

            • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

                Thank you for forwarding your observation, I am sending units to that location now!!!

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

                  Units have responded and advised that the subjects have now left the area, I have instruct Lt. Wright to pay special attention to this area and make sure officers are patrolling through hourly.

[...]

                • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 9, 2009

                    As with most business corridors the beat officers should give 12th Street special attention with an hourly patrol through the area.  The District Commander will also ensure the officers give special attention to the  600 block of Girard to focus on the drug activity.

                    Cathy Lanier
                    Chief of Police
                    Metropolitan Police Department
                    (202) 727-4218

                    Thanks for your response. One question: Back to the squad car that sits beside the Brookland Supermarket, are the officers able to sit at that location for extended periods of time because it is a commercial district?