Re: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

  • Glyn Six
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hi I am fairly new to this group.  I'd like to report 4 guys in the alleyway at 10 Seaton Place NE, openly smoking drugs and drinking, one is driving a white lexus (however I cannot view the plates from my window).

      I really appreciate any and all help and feel much safer sending e-mail versus calling 311.

      Thanks

      From: MannyMann <decplatinum@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Nuisance
      To: "Cathy (MPD) Lanier" <cathy.lanier@ dc.gov>, "5DWatch (MPD) Commander" <5DWatch.Commander@ dc.gov>, "Harry (COUNCIL) Thomas" <hthomas@dccouncil. us>, "Silas Grant" <silas_grant@ yahoo.com>, "Lamar (MPD) Greene" <lamar.greene@ dc.gov>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:39 PM

      Commander,

      I am contacting you again because i am tired...and yes i have said this plenty times before.  Right now at this moment there are over thirty people hanging out, selling drugs, using drugs, drinking.... just down right disruptive. The police have been out here off and on since I got home from work which was around 5pm today.

      Can you please come back and stay long enough to get rid of these people, they are hanging all around the infamous 640 Girard Street NE, again none of these people are residents in this neighborhood.

      Please help.

      Thank you,

    • RobbyCU
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
        Please note that the number to report crime is 911, and you can also send a text message to the Office of Unified Communication (OUC)by texting 50-411.  I use it all the time and it puts the crimes in the UCC cue so that MPD can respond.

        "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

        President Barack Obama

[...]

      • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

          Thank you Ms Six however it is really important to call 911 in cases of disorder/drugs for we do not dispatch from the listserv.(cant track it and may pend) . I will however notify a 5d unit to address below

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
          for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
          is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
          sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
          users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
          e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
          at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
          confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
          intended recipient.

          DIANE C GROOMES

          Assistant Chief of Police

          801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

          202 576-6660 office

          202-996-3386 pager

          diane.groomes@...

[...]

        • Lyons, Marvin (MPD)
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
            Re: [MPD-5D] RE: Nuisance

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

              Units are being dispatched immediately.

              Captain L.F.West

              Fifth District

              Office (202) (698-0122)

              Cell    (202) (425-2059)

              diane.groomes@ dc.gov

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

                Units responded however nothing was found.  We will give this area special attention.

                Captain L.F.West

                Fifth District

                Office (202) (698-0122)

                Cell    (202) (425-2059)

[...]

              • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

                  Thank you for forwarding your observation, I am sending units to that location now!!!

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009

                    Units have responded and advised that the subjects have now left the area, I have instruct Lt. Wright to pay special attention to this area and make sure officers are patrolling through hourly.

[...]

                  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 9, 2009

                      As with most business corridors the beat officers should give 12th Street special attention with an hourly patrol through the area.  The District Commander will also ensure the officers give special attention to the  600 block of Girard to focus on the drug activity.

                      Cathy Lanier
                      Chief of Police
                      Metropolitan Police Department
                      (202) 727-4218

                      Thanks for your response. One question: Back to the squad car that sits beside the Brookland Supermarket, are the officers able to sit at that location for extended periods of time because it is a commercial district?