Help Create a Healthy DC
HELP CREATE A HEALTHY D.C.!
Inviting you to a brainstorming session on working with
Parks, Recreational Facilities, and Fitness Programs in D.C.
to improve the health of all D.C. Residents
Part of developing the D.C. Obesity Action Plan
You or your organization have been identified as a key parks, recreational facility, or fitness program stakeholder in D.C. and your input is essential for developing a plan that is effective and sustainable!
In order to maximize our meeting time, we have prepared background materials for you to review and complete (if possible) prior to the meeting. These materials are attached. (go to files in 5D listserv)
- Overview of the D.C. Department of Health's Obesity Action Plan
- Stakeholder Contact Form
- Stakeholder Visioning Exercise
Co-chairs for the Parks, Recreational Facility, and Fitness Program Stakeholder Meeting are:
- Donnie Shaw YMCA of the National Capitol Area
- Canary Girardeau Summit Health Institute for Research and Education
- Neil Rodgers Staff for D.C. City Councilman Harry Thomas, Ward 5
*Getting to the meeting:
Metro: The closest metro station is Brookland-CUA (~3 blocks, red line). Also several bus lines (H8, H9, G8, 80) stop nearby.
Parking: There is parking available.