[Brookland] National Night Out Tuesday, August 2, 2005

  • Erin Heramb
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Please come out and show our support to our community and officers!  Meet at 2200 14th St. NE at 5pm to meet Lt. Hughes and Lt. Smit and walk with the Orange Hats at 8:30pm-10:30pm, meeting at the corner of 14th and Irving St. NE

      To: "'Brookland@yahoogroups. com (Brookland@yahoogroups.com)'" <Brookland@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "Deschaine, Desi (EOM)" <desi.deschaine@...>
      Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:10:40 -0400
      Subject: [Brookland] National Night Out Tuesday, August 2, 2005

      From MPDC:

      Take back our streets on August 2

      The District of Columbia celebrates National Night Out with a host of events
      throughout the city, in nearly every Police Service Area, from cookouts and
      musical events to neighborhood walks and Orange Hat patrols. You're invited
      to be a part of it and help show the criminals that we're not afraid.

      Help make your community safer year-round by:

      *      getting to know your neighbors
      *      sharing information
      *      attending PSA meetings and other safety events.

      Learn about events in your neighborhood by visiting mpdc.dc.gov/nno or call
      MPD's Community Outreach Section at (202) 727-0783 for details, and take
      part in your neighborhood's celebration.

      Join Mayor Anthony Williams, Police Chief Charles Ramsey, other community
      leaders and agency partners to celebrate NNO at Simon Elementary School in
      Ward 8, beginning at 5 PM. The school is located at Mississippi Avenue and
      4th Street, SE. Directions and additional information are available at our

      top <http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno/index.html> National Night Out
      (NNO) is an annual event, sponsored by the
      <http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/natw/> National Association of Town Watch,
      that takes place on the first Tuesday in August. Each year, the Metropolitan
      Police Department actively participates in National Night Out by rallying
      community members throughout the District of Columbia to join with neighbors
      and police officers in their PSAs to be a part of this annual event.

      The National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies,
      civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials
      from 9,500 communities from all 50 states, US territories, Canadian cities
      and military bases worldwide.

      National Night Out is designed to:

      *      Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
      *      Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime
      *      Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships;
      *      Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are
      organized and fighting back.

      Desi Deschaine

      Community Affairs Coordinator

      Executive Office of the Mayor