Thank you to MPD from Orren St.

  • TrinidadResident
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      Dear Lt. Anderson, Commander Greene, Chief Lanier, and all the
      officers who patrol Trinidad,
      At our recent PSA meeting, my neighbor Liz stood to thank MPD for
      putting a serious dent in crime in Trinidad and making our
      neighborhood safer and I just want to join her in thanking you.
      It was not lost on us on Orren St. that MPD was concentrating
      resources in Trinidad in past months. We saw police in cars, on
      foot, on segways, bikes and I believe even horses. I was even
      blocked in my alley briefly by the chief's cruiser as she checked in
      on a police action two doors down from my house. Message to the
      chief: you can block my alley any time!
      And recently we were able, through our ANC commissioners, to bring a
      business parking six commercial vans around our houses every night to
      MPD's attention and finally the vans were ticketed and our street
      looks like a neighborhood again, not an industrial park.
      Thank you for making our lives better and sending the message: Here,
      there is the rule of law, not the rule of anything goes. I think if
      we, with your help, can keep sending that message, the neighborhood
      can only improve.
      all the best,
      Rob Parker
      1400 block of Orren St NE