Re: listserve grievances

  • Tobias Kienle
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      all,

      I'm new to the listserve, and understand the
      frustrations, but please don't be so hostile to the
      officers and city officials. That won't accomplish
      anything, & may result in our posting privileges being
      moderated or revoked. Regarding these threads:

      1)street lights. This is a city issue, & the web
      site/phone number that was given is "not another list
      to join". It is like a help desk system...you enter a
      request, & they give you a ticket number. In the
      ticket, you can track the progress. If the due date
      elapses & the work isn't done, escalate it to your
      neighborhood's rep in the mayor's office. I have
      worked with Francine Edmonds & she has helped resolve
      several of my outstanding service requests. She is
      not part of the problem. I recommend the online
      version over the phone number.

      2)ATF. I work for a federal law enforcement agency, &
      unless it involves a federal person or facility, they
      will NOT get involved. That is MPD's jurisdiction.
      ATF moving into the area will do very little, if
      anything, to solve our problems. If these thugs
      aren't afraid of MPD & openly deal drugs w/ the police
      van in the neighborhood, they sure aren't going to
      worry about ATF. They are street-smart enough to know
      they won't, or legally can't, get involved.

      my $.02

      TK

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • yvehunt
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Although I do hear everything for what you are saying but, as for
        the ATF I do know someone who works for the ATF and that person did
        say that once they do arrive in the area, there is no way for what
        is going on now, will not be continue under their watch. Also, I
        will say this, around two or three years ago, I did witness by
        watching ATF agents on my block real early in the morning around
        5:00 am when I was getting ready to go to work heading torwards to
        make a drug bust at a certain known residence. I guess we will see
        what happens between now and next year so that may we all live in a
        decent environment by taking back our neighborhoods.

        Peace everyone.