Re: [MPD-5D] Washington DC Guardian Angels Patrols

  • RobbyCU
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2009
      Thank you Ms. Golden I second that. Perhaps they are on the right side of the law, but at best the area is gray. The reality is that a citizen can ignore a citizen's arrest, or request for detainment.  One can not so freely disobey a police request or requirement (order).   And even then a citizen has the right not to incriminate him or herself.

      I am sure the GA's have done some good, they have vids of them taking back mean streets all over the nation. And there are also complaints.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

      Active and engaged citizens that cooperate with the police and work to improve their neighborhoods will be what sustainably saves the day.

      The key is sustained change.

      We deserve nothing, but the best quality of life. To get there we must work very hard at it. It means many of us will have to start working with and talking to the police.  It means working with young people to  end the anti snitching frame of mind that many hold close.

      Can we get there, yes we can.

      "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

      President Barack Obama