Truck scoped out, alley SOUTH of unit block of R St NE

  • k3
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
      My neighbor just alerted me to someone checking out our truck, which
      is parked behind the [obviously vacant] house next door.

      He saw a guy walk around the truck, then stop and peer in the windows,
      which are moderately tinted. When my neighbor walked outside, the guy
      moved around to the other side of the truck, where he was less visible
      (and less visible from the alley).

      I looked out my back windows, but didn't see anyone. To be on the safe
      side, I got my keys and pushed the button to make the truck's horn
      start beeping regularly, just for a few seconds. Then I did it again.
      My neighbor said at that point, the guy got up and left. He was headed
      toward Lincoln Road.

      The guy was about average height, slender, and was wearing a long
      beige coat with a hood that was pulled up. He also had a beige scarf
      wrapped around his face.
    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
        RE: [MPD-5D] Truck scoped out, alley SOUTH of unit block of R St NE

        Wewill send out a unit to look for him

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
          Re: [MPD-5D] Truck scoped out, alley SOUTH of unit block of R St NE

          Psa 501 units are canvassing the area for the subject
          Captain LaMar F West
          Sent from my Blackberry wireless device

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
            Re: [MPD-5D] Truck scoped out, alley SOUTH of unit block of R St NE
            Thank you, Captain West and Assistant Chief Groomes.

            Hopefully he's done with us (for tonight, at least) but I imagine he will just look elsewhere. I am lucky to have a watchful neighbor.

            From now on, I will check back there more often - especially on Friday and Saturday nights - and keep my keys nearby. That little panic button sure did come in handy!

            PS  This time of year, we're used to seeing people with scarves over their faces. It's an easy thing to ignore, especially if you're inside and don't realize temperatures are warmer (at the moment). As spring approaches, I will now be alert for this "red flag".