Re: [MPD-5D] Fw: [Brookland] High Speed Chase

  • Michael Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
      On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Gigi Ransom <gigir1829@...> wrote:
      > Forwarding from Brookland Group to MPD 5D Group for Response

      > Does anyone know why there were 3 dozen police cars chasing a Cadillac
      > through Brookland this evening at about 6pm? We were driving home at
      > the time and nearly got side swiped by the Cadillac and then the
      > deluge of police cars that came after it.

      Around this same time I saw two police helicopters circling low and a
      large number of police cars around Monroe and 24th NE. It seems very
      likely these two things were related, but I don't have an explanation.
      Hopefully someone will have additional details.

      ---
      Mike S
    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009

        Prince George’s County Police department chased a stolen car into the District.  They had helicopter support and MPD officers on the perimeter, the PG County incident resulted in 2 arrest for the stolen auto.

        > Forwarding from Brookland Group to MPD 5D Group for Response

        > Does anyone know why there were 3 dozen police cars chasing a Cadillac
        > through Brookland this evening at about 6pm? We were driving home at
        > the time and nearly got side swiped by the Cadillac and then the
        > deluge of police cars that came after it.

        Around this same time I saw two police helicopters circling low and a
        large number of police cars around Monroe and 24th NE. It seems very
        likely these two things were related, but I don't have an explanation.
        Hopefully someone will have additional details.

        ---
        Mike S

      • Gigi Ransom
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
          The post below is suppose to be from me.  I did not post this.  I repeat, I did not post this.  I was not aware of this high speed chase.  I hope this paste being credited to me was a mistake, and should have been credited to someone else.  Mr. Smith, please confirm or I request the moderator do something about this.  Thank you.  Gigi Ransom

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Gigi Ransom <gigir1829@...> wrote:
            > The post below is suppose to be from me. I did not post this. I repeat, I
            > did not post this. I was not aware of this high speed chase. I hope this
            > paste being credited to me was a mistake, and should have been credited to
            > someone else. Mr. Smith, please confirm or I request the moderator do
            > something about this. Thank you. Gigi Ransom

            Do you mean the initial post you forwarded from the Brookland list? I
            confirm that it had a signature from "Steph 10th & Irving"

            ---
            Mike S