Re: [Brookland] ANCs Meetings w/Chief Judge Satterfield

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      Thanks Commissioner Ransom. Judge Satterfield is meeting with all Ward 5 commissioners on February 26, 2009. While this meeting is for commissioners (Judge Satterfield will meet with citizens in a larger forum at a later date) I encourage everyone to contact their respective commissioner to communicate your specific concerns and to ensure that your commissioner attends this important meeting.

      It is critical that we maintain open communication with our police, US Attorney and the judges that hear cases that directly affect us. Judge Satterfield supports our interests and encourages our participation in the Court process. I informed Judge Satterfield that I am starting a 5D Court Watch Program to allow citizens to keep an eye on the cases that affect us. The 5D Court Watch Program is the direct result of our concerns regarding murder suspect Kerstan Leonard's release back into the community. Judge Satterfield expressed gratitude for our efforts and welcomes our participation. If you are interested in participating in the 5D Court Watch Program please contact me at (202) 397-2777, providing your name, telephone number and email address.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson