Re: crime in truxton circle

  • yvehunt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2005
      I certainly know how you feel, there has been a lot of shooting
      surrounding throughout this truxton circle area a lot lately
      especially at 1st and O Street NW because, the thugs are at war with
      each other again from one neighborhood to another like last year
      during this time.

      The police mobile is sitting on O Street in front of MMWashington
      High School, what gets me is that the drug dealers are out in front
      of peoples homes and on the corner selling while the police van is
      out in plain view talk about the boldness that these thugs have in
      them. I would like to see just how bold they will be when ATF
      arrive here in this area soon by next year and to see them to be put
      in the slammer (jail) and that is just where they belong, they do
      not care about what happens to them so why should I and society also
      care anything about these hood rats. The city officails needs to do
      something fast it has been to long to be putting up with this every
      day crap, or else just like everyone else I will be moving away from
      this area real soon. Unfortunately just another day in the
      neighborhood.

      P.S. To the MPD, do not tip the hoodlum about this or other group e-
      mails concerning tax paying citizens who are venting out their
      frustrations about the on going crime around here from a day to day
      basics, that is the only way for the police department to be inform
      of what crimes are taking place in this area by keeping it
      confidental so that no bodily harm won't happen to anybody
      innocent.

      Thank you.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "pdmlar" <pdmlar@y...> wrote:
      > I just moved to this neighborhood 3 months ago and already I am
      > thinking of moving. I am a member of the truxton circle website
      and
      > have heard that there have been a number of shootings the past few
      > days. What is the police department doing about this? These
      > shootings are happening at all times of the day. My partner and I
      > walk our dog in the neighborhood and walk to and from the New York
      > Avenue metro station. It is becoming apparant that it is not safe
      > to walk these streets even in broad daylight. There is a number
      of
      > concerns in this neighborhood.
      >
      > Obviously, one is the shootings. Another is drug activity. My
      > partner and I have seen a number of drugs deals happening right
      out
      > in the open on the unit block of P Street, NW and NE, the 1400
      block
      > of First Street and the 1400 block of North Capital Street. There
      > is a man usually with a shopping cart or brown paper bag giving
      > small plastic bags of something to people after they give him
      > money. On P Street, there is a house next to the tire junk lot
      > where people hand things out the window to other persons and they
      > ride off on their bikes to deliver it to people on this area.
      >
      > There have also been a number of times where we have seen people
      > using drugs in the back yard of 1417 First Street, NW. It is open
      > to the alley and people who utilize the services of SOME stop off
      > and use the empty yards for drugs use, and the also use the empty
      > yards for restrooms and garbage dumps.
      >
      > The homes in this neighborhood are no longer inexpensive. We pay
      > lot of money to live in this neigborhood, but we do not feel
      safe.
      > We only see police in this neighborhood when there is something
      > wrony or when they are driving thru. What is the police and our
      > elected officials doing to solve these problems? What are they
      > doing to keep us law abiding citizens safe? I have lived here for
      > over 8 years and it seems to me that crime is back on the rise in
      > our nations capitol. Please help. What are we to do?
    • erheramb
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        It's a shame that we have to wait until next year when the ATF will
        be here for something to happen around that area. Too bad the
        police can't step up!
        Erin
        10th

      • Jordan, Brian (MPD)
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
          To the Truxton Circle Community

          In response to the numerous e-mails that have been generated regarding Truxton Circle, the MPD has been vigorously investigating the string of shootings that have recently occurred. Our preliminary information indicates that the incident revolves around individuals who are known to each other. Unfortunately, we do not have any witnesses to the incident that can help with identification of the individuals involved which is why the case remains open. Hopefully you have all noticed the increased police presence in the area in an effort to gather information that would lead to an arrest. Consistent with all cases of this nature, crime solvers offers up to $1000.00 to anyone who's information leads to the arrest and conviction of the involved suspects.

          The Truxton Circle area was originally identified as one of the first communities to be targeted under our hot spots initiative. The events of the past two weeks are alarming to us all and reminds us that our work is not over in removing individuals from the community who are set on holding our progress back. Over the past two years the community and the police have worked together to impact crime violence and the fear of crime in this community. The members of the Fifth District and MPD will continue to work with the community to address this spate of violence.

          Specifically, we have moved our police van back into the area of First St., NW. In addition we have increased the uniform and non-uniform presence in the area to try to locate witness's and suspects in reference to the string of events. We have also been monitoring this list serve to remain aware of the community concerns that this incident has generated. These incidents are not indicative of the progress that we have made in this community. We continue to monitor the crime statistics from this area and our figures indicate that this community is experiencing an approximate 59% decrease in overall crime, when compared to last year. These figures represent either no change or decreases in every crime category that we measure.

          The fact that we have not removed every criminal from this area reminds us that we have to continue to work together, between the community and the police,to continue our succesful efforts in eliminating crime. The key component is that we have to continue to work together on this issue. If anyone has any specific information that can help our investigators locate the involved individuals, please call (202) 727-9099 24 hours a day.

          Please be assured that we are monitoring your comments and are doing everything in our power to make your community safe to live in.

          Brian K. Jordan
          Assistant Chief of Police
          Regional Operations Command Central
          1500 Eckington Pl., NE
          Washington, DC 20002
          e-mail address: brian.jordan@...
          202 576-8881 Office
          202 576-6056 Fax

> [...]
          > > to the alley and people who utilize the services of SOME stop
          off
          > > and use the empty yards for drugs use, and the also use the
          empty
          > > yards for restrooms and garbage dumps.
          > >
          > > The homes in this neighborhood are no longer inexpensive. We
          pay
          > > lot of money to live in this neigborhood, but we do not feel
          > safe.
          > > We only see police in this neighborhood when there is something
          > > wrony or when they are driving thru. What is the police and our
          > > elected officials doing to solve these problems? What are they
          > > doing to keep us law abiding citizens safe? I have lived here
          for
          > > over 8 years and it seems to me that crime is back on the rise
          in
          > > our nations capitol. Please help. What are we to do?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Henderson, Kathy (DYRS)
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
            Good Evening Everyone,

            It pains me to know that many of my Ward 5 neighbors share the problem of
            neighborhood crime. My area was literally overrun by open-air drug markets,
            drive-by daylight shootings and a variety of crimes. Criminals made the
            decision to capture prime real estate for their illicit and blatantly
            illegal activities. My citizens and I have taken an active stand against the
            criminals by reporting all illegal activity around the clock and actively
            working with our 5th District representatives. We attend the PSA meetings,
            walk with the "Orange Hats" and we remain vigilant.

            As a result violent crime in PSA 504 is down 34% and other crime is down
            12%. We will not allow criminals to define how we live and remain silent
            while they take over. We deserve peaceful, safe and clean communities and we
            will accept nothing less.

            I urge each of you to participate in the scheduled "National Night Out"
            event in your area tomorrow. There is strength in numbers. I am glad to see
            that so many Ward 5 citizens are unwilling to accept crime. Each of us can
            make a difference.

            Sincerely,

            Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5B10