Judge Alprin Upholds Our Request for Justice

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2009
      Good Evening All:

      I am glad Commissioner Jackie Ward shared her frustration and pain with the community at large, reaching out for support and justice during her time of need. Because Commissioner Ward spoke up we were informed about Kerstan Bernard Leonard, a suspect in the murder of Melody Williams and the shooting of two other women. We learned that this individual was released without restraint despite a criminal record and, failure to appear in Court.

      Too often citizens affected by crime retreat in painful silence, believing no one cares and nothing can be done to change the outcome. I am glad to say this did not happen today. Citizens came forward with information that led our police to make an arrest, our Us attorneys to charge said suspect and now our Court to hold said suspect until he answers the charges in Court. Today, citizens, police, US attorneys and Judge Jeffrey Alprin united on the same page to protect our public safety.  I am proud of every citizen that worked to claim this victory for our city.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson