RE: [MPD-5D] RE: [Eckington] Tell Judge Alprin To Protect Our Safety

  • Keith Jarrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009

      Thank you Kathy for sending this.  This is good news but in the scope of things brings to light the serious issues we have in the District of Columbia.  To even think that a judge appointment to the bench in the nation’s capital would have to consider holding or releasing a man accused of killing and wounding two others is crazy.  There should be no question,  and the law should be clear that if you commit this type of crime you should well know that you WILL be held until your trial.  As citizens we must place the demand on our elected officials that this particular law must be rewritten and it must be done now.  Liberal judges  with the view that someone can kill today and be a good citizen tomorrow must be replaced with the stringent law that simply says,  you will be held pending trial.  Thus taking the decision out of the hands of those that live above the law and often don’t understand fully what citizens go through and experience in situations such as this one.

      This would severely cut down on witness intimidation and assist the courts in obtaining more guilty verdicts when the evidence supports such.

      Until we as citizens take a strong stance and demand better oversight from our courts we will not win the war on serious crime and murder in this city.

      Keith Jarrell

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009
        Good Afternoon:

        This is great news indeed! I offer a resounding THANK YOU to all of the citizens that contacted Judge Alprin and Judge Satterfield regarding this matter. Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot make a difference in the community by speaking up for public safety.

        Sincerely,

        Kathy Henderson

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009
          Keith:

          First, Happy New Year to you! Secondly, you are absolutely right. I am forwarding this matter to Phil Mendelson et al. and Chairman Gray for the Council to consider. The Judge clearly had enough information to hold the suspect until trial when he first heard the case. Instead, the US attorney had to go back to Court and we had to launch a citizen effort to get him to understand that our public safety matters a great deal. I will keep you posted. As always, thanks for your support.

          Sincerely,

          Kathy