Re: Body Found behind 900 block Evarts/2700 block 10th ST NE

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
      Any update? Thanks.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "k_fw" <k_fw@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for reporting. Please keep us informed on all that is learned about the woman's
      > body found in the alley of Evarts and 10th Street (the same alley that was the scene of
      the
      > very recent stabbing, also an alley connected to the "murder" graffiti and open
      abandoned
      > building reported on this listserve.)
      >
      > Especially interested if there is a connection between any/all of these events.
      >
      > Thank you.

    • k_fw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009
        Will someone please update me on the body found in the rear of 910 Evarts?

        If you can't comment because an investigation is underway, please let
        me know. If this was a medical emergency, please let me know. If it
        was a mistake and no body was actually found, again, please let me know.

        Thank you.

        From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
        MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
        approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
        the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast. Upon arriving on the scene,
        the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
        The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
        death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
        Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
        PSA 501
      • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

          I will request and official update from the Commander of the homicide Unit

          From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
          MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
          approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
          the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast . Upon arriving on the scene,
          the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
          The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
          death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
          Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
          PSA 501

        • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

            MPD has classified this as a death report …it appears preliminarily a hypothermia death… (not a homicide)

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
            for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
            is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
            sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
            users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
            e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
            at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
            confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
            intended recipient.

            DIANE C GROOMES

            Assistant Chief of Police

            801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

            202 576-6660 office

            202-996-3386 pager

            diane.groomes@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
              Thanks very much for updating the listserve on this issue. It is
              greatly appreciated, as are all your updates!