Body Found behind 900 block Evarts/2700 block 10th ST NE

  • k_fw
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      Thanks for reporting. Please keep us informed on all that is learned about the woman's
      body found in the alley of Evarts and 10th Street (the same alley that was the scene of the
      very recent stabbing, also an alley connected to the "murder" graffiti and open abandoned
      building reported on this listserve.)

      Especially interested if there is a connection between any/all of these events.

      Thank you.
    • k_fw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
        Any update? Thanks.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "k_fw" <k_fw@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for reporting. Please keep us informed on all that is learned about the woman's
        > body found in the alley of Evarts and 10th Street (the same alley that was the scene of
        the
        > very recent stabbing, also an alley connected to the "murder" graffiti and open
        abandoned
        > building reported on this listserve.)
        >
        > Especially interested if there is a connection between any/all of these events.
        >
        > Thank you.

      • k_fw
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009
          Will someone please update me on the body found in the rear of 910 Evarts?

          If you can't comment because an investigation is underway, please let
          me know. If this was a medical emergency, please let me know. If it
          was a mistake and no body was actually found, again, please let me know.

          Thank you.

          From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
          MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
          approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
          the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast. Upon arriving on the scene,
          the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
          The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
          death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
          Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
          PSA 501
        • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

            I will request and official update from the Commander of the homicide Unit

            From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
            MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
            approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
            the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast . Upon arriving on the scene,
            the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
            The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
            death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
            Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
            PSA 501

          • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

              MPD has classified this as a death report …it appears preliminarily a hypothermia death… (not a homicide)

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
              for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
              is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
              sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
              users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
              e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
              at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
              confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
              intended recipient.

              DIANE C GROOMES

              Assistant Chief of Police

              801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

              202 576-6660 office

              202-996-3386 pager

              diane.groomes@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
                Thanks very much for updating the listserve on this issue. It is
                greatly appreciated, as are all your updates!