Crime Summaries- Body Found & House Fire Reports

  • Lyons, Marvin (MPD)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:08 PM To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com Subject: House Fire in 5DOn January 1, 2009, approximately 0703 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to 1014 Jackson Street, Northeast, in reference to a house on fire. The Fire Department responded to the scene to put the fire out. There were 5 fatalities as a result of the fire. The ages of the fatalities were 23, 22, 5, 71 and 10. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is still under investigation by the Fire Department.Marvin E. Lyons, Sr.Captain, PSA 501 _______________________________________________________________From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com Subject: Body Found in 5DOn January 1, 2009, approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast. Upon arriving on the scene, the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley. The medical examiner�s office responded to the scene. The cause of death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical Examiner�s Office pending an autopsy.Marvin E. Lyons, Sr.Captain, PSA 501
    • k_fw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thanks for reporting. Please keep us informed on all that is learned about the woman's
        body found in the alley of Evarts and 10th Street (the same alley that was the scene of the
        very recent stabbing, also an alley connected to the "murder" graffiti and open abandoned
        building reported on this listserve.)

        Especially interested if there is a connection between any/all of these events.

        Thank you.
      • k_fw
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2009
          Any update? Thanks.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "k_fw" <k_fw@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for reporting. Please keep us informed on all that is learned about the woman's
          > body found in the alley of Evarts and 10th Street (the same alley that was the scene of
          the
          > very recent stabbing, also an alley connected to the "murder" graffiti and open
          abandoned
          > building reported on this listserve.)
          >
          > Especially interested if there is a connection between any/all of these events.
          >
          > Thank you.

        • k_fw
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009
            Will someone please update me on the body found in the rear of 910 Evarts?

            If you can't comment because an investigation is underway, please let
            me know. If this was a medical emergency, please let me know. If it
            was a mistake and no body was actually found, again, please let me know.

            Thank you.

            From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
            MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
            approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
            the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast. Upon arriving on the scene,
            the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
            The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
            death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
            Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
            PSA 501
          • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

              I will request and official update from the Commander of the homicide Unit

              From: Lyons, Marvin (MPD) Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:00 PM To:
              MPD-5D@yahoogroups. com Subject: Body Found in 5D On January 1, 2009,
              approximately 0718 hours, members of the Fifth District responded to
              the rear of 910 Evarts Street, Northeast . Upon arriving on the scene,
              the body of an unconscious black female was found lying in the alley.
              The medical examiner's office responded to the scene. The cause of
              death has not been determined. The body was transported to the Medical
              Examiner's Office pending an autopsy. Marvin E. Lyons, Sr. Captain,
              PSA 501

            • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2009

                MPD has classified this as a death report …it appears preliminarily a hypothermia death… (not a homicide)

                CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only
                for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email
                is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
                sensitive.  This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized
                users. It should only be used by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
                e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail
                at the address shown above.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
                confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the
                intended recipient.

                DIANE C GROOMES

                Assistant Chief of Police

                801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

                202 576-6660 office

                202-996-3386 pager

                diane.groomes@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
                  Thanks very much for updating the listserve on this issue. It is
                  greatly appreciated, as are all your updates!