Dear Neighbors of Ward 5

  • Chairman, 5DCAC
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008

      Dear Neighbors of Ward 5,

      As the year 2008 closes and we enter the 2009 New Year, I wish for each of you and yours a year filled with joy, prosperity, and personal safety.    While 2009 will bring new challenges for all of us as residents and law enforcement officials, it will also provide opportunities for us to expand our community service to enrich the lives for our loved ones, our neighbors, and ourselves.  As Chairman of the 5th District Citizens’ Advisory Council, I pledge to continue to work on behalf of the residents of Ward 5, this Council as well as the people of the District of Columbia.   To the officers and civilian employees of the 5th District, you have my deep thanks for the hard you have done this past year.  Your willingness to sacrifice for others demonstrates high character and personal integrity.  To Chief Cathy Lanier, Assistant Chief Diane Groomes, Assistant Chief Melvin Scott, Commander Lamar Greene, and Councilman Harry Thomas, Jr.; Ward 5 and the citizens of the District of Columbia have been greatly served by your leadership and dedication.  Thank you so very much for your service.   Finally, to those among us in Ward 5 and the District of Columbia who in 2008 have been tragically touched by crime or other sadness, on behalf of the officers and members of the 5th District Citizens’ Advisory Council please know you will always be in our hearts and prayers and may 2009 bring you comfort and peace.

      Sincerely and Happy New Year,

      Robert

      Chairman

      Fifth District Citizens’ Advisory Council

      www.5dcac.org