Re: [Eckington] WP: update on Trinidad youth shot to death in July

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      Good Morning:

      I had faith that Chief Lanier and the dedicated officers under her command would work tirelessly to apprehend the culprits in the reign of terror on the Trinidad community that resulted in Alonzo Robinson's death. The arrests in this matter underscore a strong and very clear message; if you commit crimes, you will be caught. I commend our officers for the continued swift closure rate of violent assaults on our community. We have a right not to live in fear.

      As we move forward, I encourage more citizens to participate in and organize neighborhood safety patrols, walking with the police and Guardian Angels where available. We must change how our communities are viewed and send a clear message that we will not tolerate crime and disorder in our midst. We must disabuse would-be criminals of the notion that they can shoot randomly in our neighborhoods and remain anonymous. We must be vigilant and report all suspicious activity and crime and we must keep our streets clean. Doing so, sends a strong message; not on my block! Safe neighborhoods do not just happen, they are made.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson