Re: [MPD-5D] Walk-Thru Follow-Up Meeting

  • Porscha Manson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2008
      God bless you, Art Corvelay!

      From: Art Corvelay <art.corvelay@...>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:57:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Walk-Thru Follow-Up Meeting

      ms henderson,

      you're right..we all should be on the same page regarding community
      concerns. unfortunately, you're reading a different book than
      everyone else.

      you are the FORMER commissioner. ..please stop speaking for the
      community when you don't represent us. in fact it's illegal for a
      former public officers to continue to perform those duties.

      its ironic and hypocritical that you criticize the efforts of a duly
      elected representative but the real anc5b10 commissioner (india
      henderson) is never heard from on this listserve. those in glass
      houses shouldn't throw stones.

      also you mentioned the fundraiser for webb elementary that was held at
      a business in anc5b10. did you attend? the elected councilmember did
      to show his support for the community's elementary school...how can
      you criticize him for that?!

      please stop. it's embarrassing.

      On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:52 AM, <khenderson029@ aol.com> wrote:

      > Good Morning:
      >
      > What is the purpose of conducting a meeting after the fact? Mayor Fenty
      > convened a team of agency directors and staff with notepads and pens in hand
      > that identified the issues and are taking action. Neither the Councilmember
      > nor anyone from his staff has attended any of these walkthroughs, which are
      > resulting in resolutions to our respective neighborhoods.
      >
      > We need everyone to be on the same page at the same time whether or not
      > there are any genuine bonds of affection; the larger issue is improving
      > citizen's quality of life by resolving long-standing issues. A meeting after
      > the fact only serves as a modest attempt to convey a modicum of
      > responsiveness from the Ward 5 Councilmember. Where is the
      Councilmember