Alley Clean Up

  • Carleh Ward
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2005
      Today is a wonderful day in Brookland. The City workers are in the alley
      behind my house, picking up the debris. The shopping carts are gone and I
      feel there has been a tremendous amount of progress made in just the past 10
      minutes.

      A special thank you to Francine P. Edmonds, Ward 5 Neighborhood Services,
      Executive Office of the Mayor!

      She was the key figure in getting the job done and I thank her for caring
      about the this neighborhood, the people living in the neighborhood and the
      city at large. She has restored my faith in the city's system for
      accomplishing the impossible.

      I hope the residents next to me, will take the clean up as a sign of care
      and help me keep it clean. I also hope other Brooklanders will do their part
      in keeping the whole neighborhood as pristine as possible.

      I am also hoping it will keep the vagrants out, because they will see we
      have noticed and plan on cleaning it up. There has been an increase in
      unsavory activity in the alley, the past few weeks and even my security
      cameras are not a deterrent for these guys.

      Thanks again to Francine!

      Carleh Ward
      Rhode Island Ave. NE