- Guardian Angels Neighborhood Watch (GANW), are volunteer aimed at reducing crime by remaining visible in the neighborhood. We are essentially the eyes and earsMessage 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2008View SourceGuardian Angels Neighborhood Watch (GANW), are volunteer aimed at reducing crime by remaining visible in the neighborhood. We are essentially the eyes and ears of the Police department, reporting all suspicious activity to the Police. The Metropolitan Police supports our program by providing police officer on foot patrol with the GANW, and crime statistics to enable us to direct our patrolling activities where needed. We would enjoy having you as a member of GANW.....just call 202-359-0601 to find out how you can join in the fight against crime in your neighborhood.
How Does Your Neighborhood Benefit From Guardian Angels Neighborhood Watch ?
Our patrols provide a visible presence in the neighborhood that helps to deter crime from your area. The result is increased safety of your home and valuables, increased code enforcement and increased awareness of criminal activity within neighborhoods utilizing our program. GANW also maintain constant communication with the Police Dept. and, with our special training, are able to provide authorities with more detailed, accurate information about specific suspicious / criminal activities, resulting in more frequent arrests and tracking of suspicious persons.
Guardian Angels Neighbothood Watch
- Assist the Police Dept. by reporting all suspicious activity.
- Reduce crime in our neighborhoods and business districts.
- Increase cooperation between citizens and the police.
- Educate citizens about crime prevention.
- Increase the public presence in our neighborhoods.
- Unite residents in the fight against crime.
- Increase crime awareness among citizens of the District Of Columbia.
- Provide a safe, secure environment in which to live.
- Improve the quality of life in the District Of Columbia.
Become a Driving Force Against Crime....and Help
This week we had three large groups on patrol.
Capitol Hill East Meet Every Tuesday Potomac Metro 7pm
14 citizens on patrol Tuesday night (11-11-08)
Columbia Heights Meet Every Tuesday 14th & Otis Place, NW 7pm
9 citizens on patrol Tuesday night (11-11-08) This Tuesday was there first patrol
15 Citizens on patrol Wednesday night (11-12-08)
Adams Morgan Every Monday 18th & Columbia, NW0 Citizens on patrol Just Guardian Angels only Monday night (11-10-08)In Development1. Longfellow and Kennedy (to begin Saturday, November 22, 12-1:30pm) 7th & Longfellow Streets2. James Creek/Syphax area, South Capital Street (Meeting with Lt. Nicholas Gallucci,November 20, 7pm at Potomac Place, 800 4th St, SW)6D and 7DWe would like to have GANW set up in your area. Please contact us to get a group started.
Director Of Operations
Citizen and Police Officers
working together to make
To start a weekly patrol in your community or if you would like to become a member of the Guardian Angels, please send and email or call 202-359-0601. You must be at least 16 years old and available to volunteer 4 hours a week.