Need Health Hazard addressed on 1300 1st Street NW

  • TruxtonResident
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2008
      How do we get a dead animal removed from the sidewalk? We've called 311 ... opened several reports (since 11/7/2008), but the dead cat remains decaying and quickly becoming a health hazard.

      During the last call to 311 a few minutes ago (who at first told me there was no such address as 1307 1st Street NW), the rep tried calling the emergency sanitation # but she said they never answered the call ... and there is nothing else she could do.

      The dead cat is located at the base of a tree on the West side of 1st Street NW across from 1307...

      Anyone have any suggestions?  She said Animal Control won't do anything since it's already dead.

      Rob

    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
        Good morning - I am ccing the Neighborhood Services cooridinator to make this a priority this am.. DPW has a team that addresses this