Emergency Preparedness Training and Exercise tomorrow evening

  • Chase, Ayawna (COUNCIL)
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008

      DC COMMUNITY
      PREPAREDNESS EXERCISE

      If a major disaster were to strike...

      What can you do to protect your family
      or help your neighbor?

      WHEN

      Thursday, November 6
      5 p.m.

      Where:

      Martin Luther King Jr. Library
      901 G Street, NW

      WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

      Everyone including local residents, parents, seniors, neighborhood leaders, volunteers, and members of community and civic organizations

      WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?

      Learn what steps you and your family can take to prepare for a natural or man-made disaster

      Discuss and plan what your neighbors and community leaders can do to get ready

      Find out about emergency shelters in your neighborhood and evacuation routes out of the city

      WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT?

      Using a disaster scenario, test your family plan, learn what to include in your Go Kit, and discuss how you and your neighbors could work together to ensure the safety of your neighborhood.

      REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED

      Ayawna A. Chase

      Director, Constituent Services

      Ward 5 Council Office

      Councilmember Harry "Tommy" Thomas, Jr.

      1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

      Suite 107

      Washington, DC   20004

      (202)724-8028 office

      (202)724-8076 fax

    • thom suzette
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
        Good Morning,
        I am receiving this email too late to attend. Will there be another training?
        Please advise.

        Suzette Thom

        "We must be the change we wish to see in the world" - M.K. Gandhi

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008

          Please direct any questions or inquiries to Mr. Chander Jayaraman at cjayaraman@... or 202.338.7153 x 202