Bus stop homicide

  • Peter Katel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2008
      Delfa Hercules, the lady who was killed by a robber Friday morning
      while waiting for a bus on 3rd St. NW near Florida Ave., was one of
      many people - most of them women - who wait for buses by themselves
      early in the morning. While police try to find the killer, I hope that
      extra patrols can be assigned to bus routes in the area. I understand
      that civilians always ask for "more police" after an especially
      terrible crime has been committed. But in light of the fact that
      someone may be targeting people heading to work at an hour when few
      folks are up and about in some places, extra patrols are urgently
      needed.

      One other thing - a neighbor was assaulted in the same location at
      about noon on a day last week. No weapon was involved, fortunately. I
      have no way of knowing if there's a connection to the killing. But
      those of who live near near 3rd St. NW have reason to be extremely
      cautious in our movements - and to demand added police presence, at
      least during the day.