Re: Homicide on Holbrook Street NE

  • svhill3pta
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
      I want to thank you for the latest on this as I live right around the
      corner and have not heard this on the news. I was told that the person
      that did this may have known him as they waited for him to leave for
      work. That is too scary when there are people watching you
      coming/going from your house.

      Also, I have another concern in which I tried to email last night and
      it came back undeliverable because of my email address. I have 2 email
      addresses and was not aware that the group emails was also going to
      my "yahoo" account. I am in need of some assistance from the
      department. I live in the 1500 blk of Queen Street, NE and I have been
      complaining that the 2 younger boys that lives across the street
      constantly plays football on the residential street hitting cars. They
      have marked my car twice and I was able to get out the stains but next
      time, I may not be as fortunate. I have expressed my concerns with the
      parent and even with the boys but yet, they are still playing ball.
      The only thing the parent does it tell the boys "not to hit noboby's
      car" and goes in the house. I called the 5th District over the weekend
      and they told me that when it happens again to call them. I would like
      for someone to contact me or come by my house so that we can approach
      the neighbors and let them know that it is illegal for kids to play
      ball on a residential street especially when there is a recreaction
      center walking distance from our street.

      They have hit several cars with the ball since they moved on this
      street and enough is enough.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
      wrote:

      > On Friday, October 3, 2008, @ approximately 0540 hours officers from
      the Fifth District responded to the 1400 block of Holbrook Street, NE
      for the sounds of gunshots. Upon arrival on the scene officers were
      directed to an apartment inside of 1431 Holbrook Street NE. Once
      inside of the apartment the officers discovered a 46 year old black
      male suffering from several gunshot wounds. The victim was transported
      to Medstar were he was pronounced dead by a staff physician. No
      arrests have been made in this case.