Homicide on Holbrook Street NE

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
      On Friday, October 3, 2008, @ approximately 0540 hours officers from the Fifth District responded to the 1400 block of Holbrook Street, NE for the sounds of gunshots.  Upon arrival on the scene officers were directed to an apartment inside of 1431 Holbrook Street NE.  Once inside of the apartment the officers discovered a 46 year old black male suffering from several gunshot wounds.  The victim was transported to Medstar were he was pronounced dead by a staff physician.  No arrests have been made in this case.

      Lamar D. Greene
      Commander
      Fifth District

    • svhill3pta
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
        I want to thank you for the latest on this as I live right around the
        corner and have not heard this on the news. I was told that the person
        that did this may have known him as they waited for him to leave for
        work. That is too scary when there are people watching you
        coming/going from your house.

        Also, I have another concern in which I tried to email last night and
        it came back undeliverable because of my email address. I have 2 email
        addresses and was not aware that the group emails was also going to
        my "yahoo" account. I am in need of some assistance from the
        department. I live in the 1500 blk of Queen Street, NE and I have been
        complaining that the 2 younger boys that lives across the street
        constantly plays football on the residential street hitting cars. They
        have marked my car twice and I was able to get out the stains but next
        time, I may not be as fortunate. I have expressed my concerns with the
        parent and even with the boys but yet, they are still playing ball.
        The only thing the parent does it tell the boys "not to hit noboby's
        car" and goes in the house. I called the 5th District over the weekend
        and they told me that when it happens again to call them. I would like
        for someone to contact me or come by my house so that we can approach
        the neighbors and let them know that it is illegal for kids to play
        ball on a residential street especially when there is a recreaction
        center walking distance from our street.

        They have hit several cars with the ball since they moved on this
        street and enough is enough.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>