Re: Excessive Generator Use
- You may also want to contact DCRA regarding the constant use of the
To illustrate to everyone the danger in being near a house whose
generator is running non-stop, about 4 years ago the house across the
alley from me and a few doors down caught fire because of the non-stop
generator. The generator was sitting in the back yard and the leaves
were dry and it was hot, and then fire. Part of the rear of the house
was wood, and obviously that caught fire, and the fire got inside the
house and spread. The fire also burned part of the adjoining house
which only had vinyl siding and that got charred and melted. It didn't
damage inside of the neighboring house. The house on the other side was
brick all the way and was fine, except for burn marks.
It is only a matter of time before a generator that was not designed to
run 24/7 either goes kaput or aflame.