RE: [MPD-5D] Excessive Generator Use

  • k3
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2008
      You might get past the kids by mailing a letter, one that doesn't look too personal, but that doesn't look like it comes from a creditor/collection agency .. if you can find a way to address it to someone besides "occupant". Since it sounds like they may NOT be renters, the last name of the family might be available in the city's online real estate sales database. The letter (on full-sized paper in a business envelope) can be short and simple: I'm Amber, your neighbor, and I'd like to talk to you; please call me at ...

      These situations are difficult. Some people end up exploiting the good will of others. On the flip side, many deserving people in need are reluctant to last to ask for help.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2008
        You may also want to contact DCRA regarding the constant use of the
        generator.
        To illustrate to everyone the danger in being near a house whose
        generator is running non-stop, about 4 years ago the house across the
        alley from me and a few doors down caught fire because of the non-stop
        generator. The generator was sitting in the back yard and the leaves
        were dry and it was hot, and then fire. Part of the rear of the house
        was wood, and obviously that caught fire, and the fire got inside the
        house and spread. The fire also burned part of the adjoining house
        which only had vinyl siding and that got charred and melted. It didn't
        damage inside of the neighboring house. The house on the other side was
        brick all the way and was fine, except for burn marks.
        It is only a matter of time before a generator that was not designed to
        run 24/7 either goes kaput or aflame.