Wash Post story on Emery Shelter on Lincoln Rd NE

  • TheolaLabbĂ©
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2005
      Hi: I cover social issues in the District for The Washington Post. I am
      writing a story on Emery shelter on Lincoln Rd NE. The story will be the
      cover story of the District Extra, a weekly insert in the Post, and will
      publish on Thurs. July 21.

      I am looking for residents of PSA 501 and ANC5c who are neighbors to the
      shelter, or other neighbors in the area who are aware of the shelter. The
      shelter is undergoing a transition and is shifting from an emergency
      shelter for homeless men to an "employment shelter," a shelter dedicated to
      homeless men who are working. I am looking to talk with neighbors and
      residents who are aware of this transition.

      Please contact me directly at labbet@... or at 202-334-5191 as
      soon as possible this week, and before my deadline, Thursday July 14, so I
      can record and include your neighborhood voices in this story.

      Thank you.

      Best,
      Theola

      Theola Labbé
      Social Issues Reporter
      The Washington Post, 1150 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20071
      202-334-5191 office / 1-800-955-6397 x6000 toll free
      202-334-5672 fax / 202-329-6021 cell
      labbet@...
      President, Washington Association of Black Journalists (WABJ)