Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Protecting Our Community

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008
      Ms. Donnelly:

      My neighbors and I found the ode to "Goon" on the Jimmy Valentine's Lonely Hearts Club website. The owner may have changed the content since we printed out exerpts for the Alcohol Beverage Control Board to evaluate. We also submitted several photographs at the hearing labeled as exhibit 1, which clearly depict a significant amount of trash behind the establishment at different times. I also posted the picture of the large, unleashed dog finishing up a meal of food trash in front of the establishment, which was taken on 8-31-08.

      The '88 cadillac that the owners used to ferry patrons was ticketed, booted and towed by the Department of Public Works because said vehicle parked repeatedly in our neighborhood in violation of the posted street signs. As a result our streets were not cleaned on several occasions. The owner has also operated outside of their stated business hours, generating loud music and noise at 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday. The ABC investigator's report stated the police were called to the establishment more than once. I have requested a detailed accounting of the calls from MPD.

      Finally, there is a voluntary agreement (that the owners have already violated) between the 5B Commission and the establishment. No person in ANC 5B10 had any input into this agreement because the owner went straight to the Ward 5 Councilmember and Commission 5B chair for support instead of meeting with us to address our concerns. The owner is obviously not interested in our community and couldn't care less about operating appropriately and keeping the premises clean. Our concerns are reasonable and we have an absolute right to address them. Again, the majority of ANC 5B10 residents do not support the establishment.

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson