Who do I call or inform?

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
      I'm not 100% sure about part of my information so this is why I'm not
      calling 911.
      This weekend a family moved out of a house on the block, and it was
      one of those problem houses where 'suspected' drug dealers and other
      characters have hung out. Well the dealers are now hanging out in the
      yard of this now vacant house with one of the former teenage tenants.
      The house is locked up tight. This is in PSA 501.
      I used to have the phone number of the landlord but I think he changed
      the number. Also I don't know if the lease ran out, so I don't know if
      they actually have a right to sit in the yard. So who do I call?
      Should I be calling anyone?
      I want to stamp down on something before it becomes a problem.

      'a stitch in time saves nine'.
    • Gigi Ransom
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
        You should hear from someone at 5D.  If you don't, call Alice Thompson, the Mayor's Ward 5 Constitutent Svcs person, 202.442.8150.  This should be referred to the Nusiance Properties division.  They will contact DCRA to get the tele# for the property owner.

        You can also go to the following link, enter in address, and owner's info should come up.

        Gigi

      • cninney@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
          we need that address so we can at least send officers to inquire whether or not they have the right to be in the yard.  Lt. Hughes