RE: [MPD-5D] Community Policing

  • k3
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008

      "Do Foreclosures Lead to Increased Violent Crime? A Look at the Research Behind the Headlines":

      In my opinion, waiting for studies to tell us the obvious, then "implementing analysis-driven responses" is the ultimate reactionary approach.

      The same thing that causes increased foreclosures -- a disintegrating economy -- also causes an increase LOTS of other things: violent crime, divorce rates, child abuse, addiction rates, domestic violence, unemployment, property crime, mental illness, etc.

      We're bombarded with study after statistics-laced study because somewhere along the line, someone stands to make money if one domino falls a microsecond before another.

      We can't stop that, but meanwhile, we need to step back and forge a more proactive path. You don't need to study the effect of sugar on cherries to make a tasty pie.

    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30
      Residents and officers working together makes neighborhoods stronger, safer and more livable. Our partnership is making a positive difference and we applaud our officers for their award-winning work!!!

      Kathy Henderson, 5D05