RE: [MPD-5D] Where to turn?

  • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2008
      Thanks for the follow up.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
      To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: 8/26/08 9:54 AM
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Where to turn?

      We are patrolling that area and have made eight arrest in the Rhode
      Island Ave. corridor in the last 90 days for robbery. We will continue
      to focus on this area and begin plain clothes operation to combat a
      growing problem with the juveniles committing robberies in the area.
      Thank you for the information and please continue to keep me informed of
      things occurring in that area!!!

      ________________________________

      From: Karen Whitehurst <karenawhitehurst@...>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Where to turn?
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 9:00 PM

      Hi All,

      I am new to this group and unfortunately, my first posting is on
      negative note. My husband was approached today by four teenage
      guys
      who attempted to steal his wallet while he was walking home from
      work
      by the Rhode Island Home Depot along the ramp that leads down to
      Brentwood Avenue. This occurred at 5 pm today. Fortunately, he
      was
      unhurt and kept his possessions. He didn't make a report, is it
      too
      late? Will the police actually increase patrols if he makes one
      de-facto?

      Also, this area needs more patrols for another sad reason. The
      corner
      of 13th and Downing in NE is ridden with drug dealers at night.
      have to pass this corner on my way home. My car has been
      approached
      several times and it is just horrifying to know that such
      activity
      goes on regularly. Without fail, every evening, drug pushers
      take
      over that block.

      As a new mother and homeowner in the area, I am terrified and at
      the
      end of my rope. Help!