MS-13 graffiti

  • Sonya Harway
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27 1:47 PM
      My boyfriend just spotted some more MS-13 graffiti here in Brookland at the NW corner of
      14th and Franklin St. NE. It's written in white spray paint on a gray/beige utility box, so it's
      not terribly noticeable, but it's there. I've already called Sgt. Aguilar and left him a message,
      but what are the other steps I should take other than putting in a graffiti removal request to
      the city? Thanks very much.

      -Sonya Harway
      10th and Douglas
    • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27 1:51 PM
        I have forwarded you complaint to the Lead DPW Inspector who will work with
        MPD to have the graffiti removed by the Graffiti removal team after MPD has
        taken pictures. You do not have to do anything else.

        We in the Ward 5 Neighborhood Service office appreciate your continued
        efforts to keep our Ward and city clean.

        Francine P. Edmonds
        Ward 5 Neighborhood Services
        Executive Office of the Mayor
        Office of the City Administrator
        64 New York Avenue NE, 4th Floor
        Washington, DC 20002
        (202) 671-0726
        (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
        (202) 359-0703 (Business cell)
        If you are not part of the Solution, you are part of the Problem.

        My boyfriend just spotted some more MS-13 graffiti here in Brookland at the
        NW corner of
        14th and Franklin St. NE. It's written in white spray paint on a gray/beige
        utility box, so it's
        not terribly noticeable, but it's there. I've already called Sgt. Aguilar
        and left him a message,
        but what are the other steps I should take other than putting in a graffiti
        removal request to
        the city? Thanks very much.

        -Sonya Harway
        10th and Douglas

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • k_fw
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27 2:28 PM
          It isn't MS-13 graffiti, but still seems crew/gang related...

          The apartment building between 2500 and 2600 blocks of 10th Street is
          covered with RIP messages, swear words, and "10th Street Go Hard"
          tags. I submitted a service request (#890673) through dc.gov back in
          March, but I haven't made any headway yet.

          My next step is to call someone from the Solid Waste Administration as
          directed by the call center, but the phone numbers I've gotten from
          them have been old numbers or the wrong numbers. Any ideas?

          Thanks,
          Kristen
          10th & Douglas
        • Sonya Harway
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
            I drove by the intersection of 14th and Franklin today where we spotted the Ms-13 graffiti
            last week and it is still there. I am concerned because it seems like there was some confusion
            or difficulty finding it; when we walked last Thursday with Orange Hats the two officers with
            us said that they had heard about it but no one had been able to find it. As I remember, the
            last instance of graffiti discussed on the listserv was dealt with very quickly so I wanted to
            make sure that the Gang Division has indeed been able to locate this particular marking.

            -Sonya
            (10th and Douglas)