Gunshots or firecrackers either way wish it would stop

  • roomforrent001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2005
      Any suggestions for what I can do to help you stop the nightly sounds
      of a shooting gallery on the 300 block of Bryant street?

      I've called 311 and I have to say that I was TRULY impressed by the
      response. The officers were there within 2 minutes on Wednesday
      evening and they spoke to the responsible parties. Unfortunately all
      they did was talk. Now the individuals are just doing it later at
      night when the cover of dark allows them greater anonymity and the
      freedom to stop when the cops show up only to resume a few moments
      later after the police car drives off. Last night they went until 3am
      with firecrackers that have no visual affects that I can see. The
      only 'benefit' is that it sounds similar to gunfire.

      As my boyfriend pointed out at 2am, it has to be firework or else that
      guy is a really bad shot because that's 20 'shots' in a row.

      Like I said, I'm impressed with 311s response time but I can't help
      but feel that if on Wednesday when they had the guys redhanded maybe
      if something more could have been done then, we wouldn't be woken up
      at 12, 12:15, 12:30. 12:42, 1:01 etc etc. etc.

      The epicenter of activity appears to be corner of 3rd and Bryant and
      the alley between Bryant and Channing in the 300 block NE. One guy
      however loves to ride his bike shooting off whatever it is so that it
      constantly sounds like drive by shootings up and down the block and
      alley at 1am.

      Again, anything I can do to help you stop this - I presume - illegal
      behavior?