Homcide Arrests

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
      I wanted to take a few minutes to fill you in on four homicide cases that MPD has closed in the past 36 hours.

      On August 1, 2008, members of MPD's Special Victims Unit arrested Felipe Antonio Caceres, age 45, in connection with the July 29, 2008 murder of 12-year-old Marisol Caceres which occurred in the unit block of Hawaii Avenue, NE.

      On August 2, 2008, members of the Emergency Response Team and the Major Case Squad executed multiple search warrants in connection with the May 31, 2008 triple homicide in the 1100 block of Holbrook Street, NE.  At approximately 9:30 this morning, William McCorkle, age 22, was arrested and charged with the shooting deaths of Duane Hough, Anthony Mincey and Johnny Jeter.

      Caceres is facing a single Felony Murder charge and is being arraigned today at D.C. Superior Court; McCorkle has been charged with three counts of Felony Murder and is expected to be arraigned on Monday, August 4, 2008.

      It is all too often I have the difficult job of telling families that their loved ones have been killed in acts of violence, quite often as a result of rivalries or disputes.  I am pleased that we can now say that many of these cases are being quickly closed.  My thanks to the Detectives who have been working around the clock, gathering information and making these arrests.

      We will continue to do everything in our power to bring these violent predators to justice.  I also want to thank all the members of the community that continue to provide information that enables us to close these cases.  You make the difference.

      Cathy Lanier

      Cathy Lanier
      Chief of Police
      Metropolitan Police Department
      (202) 727-4218
    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        Dear Chief Lanier:

        Thank you and your staff for swiftly making arrests, sending a clear message that violent crime will not be tolerated. The Langston, Carver Terrace and Trinidad communities have experienced an unprecedented level of violent crime, which has disrupted the quality of life for all citizens here and these arrests are welcome news. The public at-large should feel even safer during this National Night Out celebration on Tuesday. These arrests should empower citizens to continue and increase their efforts to provide your officers with information, which leads to arrests. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

        Sincerely,

        Kathy Henderson

      • gary rahman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
          Great work, I'm sure the victim's love ones are please.

          Gary Rahman

[...]

          Get educated. Click here for Adult Education programs.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/Ioyw6i4uIzrARClwpBaS5crWRP9q4SKJEvmqRenm3PkwVsfS4tPL3r/