MPD arrest man in Trinidad homicides

  • Matt Ashburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
      GREAT WORK MPD!

      MPD arrested a man for the triple homicide that occurred a while back
      in the 1100 block of Holbrook (on Holbrook between Florida Ave and
      Morse St).

      The story's at WTOP: http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1452685

      Matt
    • k.jarrell01@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
        Chief Cathy Lanier
        Asst. Chief Diane Groomes
        Commander Lamar Greene,

        Clearly, this is some of the best news to come out of the 5th District and the city in awhile.
        This arrest speaks volume to the great extent that MPD is working tirelessly to overcome all obstacles and bring those guilty of such heinous crimes to their just reward.

        From the officer on the street, the Lt. and Captain in the PSA right on up to Commander Greene, the Detectives working the case,  Assist. Chief Groomes and Chief Lanier,  this is sincerely a job well done.

        Your efforts are most appreciated!  These horrific crimes have brought the city to its feet in a cry for stepped up patrol and more services for the area.  As a department you devised a plan,  although many didn't approve of it.  This plan has played a significant role in bringing a calm to the offensive and disruptive nature of a mere few criminals that have no respect for life itself.

        The brilliant and well planned actions of Chief Lanier once again proves that she is absolutely the finest in Chief's of Police for our city at this time.  Her innovative and well calculated plan to bring quiet to this area of city has been supported by law abiding citizens from all over this city.  Those that clearly can understand her vision and her great level of leadership.  There is no doubt that the District of Columbia has the finest Chief and Senior Command Staff that this city has ever seen!

        The actions of those officers that stood guard night and day at these intersections,  checking ID;'s and working to assure that 5th District Residents could enjoy a few quiet and calm evenings in their homes, speaks clearly to the abundant devotion that we have in city within our MPD.

        Once again it is clear that you have all done a tremendous job,  continuosly supported by many citizens  from within the immediate vicinity that badly wanted a resolve.  You, through this arrest have offered that resolve and as a resident of the 4th District I can only suggest that your efforts and hard work is greatly appreciated by a great many District residents from all across the city.

        Congratulations!   Thanks for another great job,  well done!

        Keith Jarrell
        --
        In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
        Martin Luther King Jr.